Thursday, June 30, 2011

Supporters!

Recently, I received a check in the mail... it simply said "For Seminary." Now, this isn't a post to ask for more of those (however unopposed I would be to getting them) but just to express my thanks. The person that wrote the check will probably never read this, but her support of me has been probably only been paralleled by my parents.

Millie Burman is probably in her 80's, very loving, tender, and wonderful elderly Christian woman. When I was in high school she approached me for the first time and told me, "Jon, I really feel like God is calling you to seminary. I'm going to pray that you go to seminary."

My initial reaction was, NO! Please God, No! Pretty much every time that I've seen her since then she has made it a point to tell me that she is still praying that I go to seminary. I even made it a point of avoid her sometimes so that I wouldn't have to hear it... but she persisted... and prayed...

Ever met one of those people that, when they pray about something, its pretty much guaranteed that its going to happen? Yeah... that's Millie. So, though it made her very happy, it came as no real surprise to her when I told her finally that I was actually going to seminary.

Now, after an overwhelming amount of prayer support (which in and of itself I'm sure will get me through the next three years) she sends me money as well.

I'm floored... astounded... what a truly wonderful person. I am so thankful for her!

I only hope that I can be as committed a prayer warrior and as giving a person as her some day...

Thank You Millie Burman! God is truly using her in many, many ways! (I told her this too, for the record, seen as she probably won't see this particular posting)

Grace and Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment